Netizens pointed out the seemingly difference between BTOB’s Ilhoon and EXO’s Chanyeol’s rap in the semi-final stage of Unpretty Rapstar 2 on November 6. The two talented rappers have showcased and lend their rapping prowess to 4Minute’s Jeon Jiyoon and Rapper Heize respectively.
The netizens praised Ilhoon for his class and creativity with his lyrics, pointed out that he is obviously often writing lyrics. Meanwhile, Chanyeol received several negative comments for his written lyrics.
Below is a rough translation of their rap parts.
Peekaboo, why a pretty boy on Unpretty Rapstar?
I earn money by my voice, not face
I represent Korea, I grow up with love
I work hard
My popularity is above Mnet
I know my position exactly
Girls yearn for me
You’ll respect me after listening to this rap
Sorry, president Lee Soo Man
Let me do some hip-hop today
I’ll also do some curse
Maybe the fans will go to Hong Kong after this rap
My bank account is like a cemetery
there are more and more 0’s
Tomorrow, I’m again going to the airport to earn money
I earn money, earn money, much more than other idols
I’m looking around, someone took my life away
Everyone look like a thief
Everyday natural disaster is coming
I can’t even use my hands and suffer
I work more and more
But they call me
My rap is blah blah blah, I’m fluttered
Thank you daeinbae
fuck it this ain’t me
please God, Amen
I‘m suffocated, with the kids who grip my throat
Bring only one between the two of them
The World is full of binary numeral, all are 0 (accomplishment) or 1 (work)
The one who had that two numbers more is winning, whut
Here are some what the netizens has to say:
- You can just tell even from the lyrics who writes often and who doesn’t ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- His feel at ‘fuck it this ain’t me Please God amen’ is crazy even at amen
- Why are you even comparing them I don’t like this
- Chanyeol was unexpected though. I expected him to suck but he sucked harder.
- “kekekekekekeke Just looking at the lyrics you can tell who typically self-composes,”
- “Where does Chanyeol get his confidence from..? When he raps he just sounds like he’s yelling,”
- “Ilhoon writes some good lyrics,”
- “Please don’t say you’re in charge of rap in EXO, my god,”
- “When Heize and Chanyeol were practicing, Heize said she was shocked at how good he was..I was shocked that he was so bad kekekekekekekeke.”
What are your thoughts regarding this?